Monday, January 19, 2009

Fiction or Fact

In class we discussed a variety of media; mainly television shows. I think that many of these shows cater to our fantasy of living lavish and exciting lives. I personally watch shows like "One TreeHill", "90210" and "The Hills" because I find them enteratining and a great way to unwind from my day. I am currently very intrigued by this show called "True Beauty"; it is about several contestants who compete and go through a series of tests to prove who is the most physicaly attractive. The twist of the show is that contestants are judeged on their character rather than their outward appearance. I think this show is excellent because with so much media perpetuating physical appearance as what is valued most, we want to foster people with kind and compassionate hearts. I think that televison programs have the power to send meaningful messages and still be entertaining, howver at the end of the day we have to develop an understanding of what is fiction and fact; real world versus fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment